Friday, January 22, 2010

I am Christ's slave. I am not saved so that God can fulfill all my dreams, or make my life whole--though He often does. I am called to follow and obey Him, no matter what. Christ is my master, and I am His slave. Being His slave is better than being free in any other sense. Having Him as my master is the most liberating state possible, because I am free to be what He created me to be. I am not saved so that God can fulfill all my dreams, or make my life whole--though He often does. I am called to follow and obey Him, no matter what. Being Christ's slave is better than being free in any other sense. Having Him as my master is the most liberating state possible, because I am free to be what He created me to be. My deepest desire is to give my life away for His glory--to be "wasted" for Christ--and in giving my life away, to truly gain it. He speaks, and we obey, and under no other conditions can we be happy and free.

No comments:

Post a Comment