Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Farewell

Tomorrow I am starting my journey, and by Friday will be arriving at my new home in Georgia.

My family came over tonight to send me off. We all cooked together, making a nice breakfast dinner.

Everyone but my mom eventually left my grandmom's, but she lingered, then I walked her to her car, and we hugged, and the tears began to flow. We stood out in the cold, embracing, weeping, for probably twenty minutes. It was so hard to let go. I wanted time to stand still.

Thank you, mom. I love you. --Tim

1 comment:

  1. Tim
    Sorry I wasn't there to say goodbye. Your new place looks nice-I love the fireplace. I will miss you even though I am here, as mom keeps me updated on everyone usually. I hope you enjoy yourself as you explore and make new friends.
    I love you
    Christy

    ReplyDelete