Sunday, April 1, 2007

Precious life

My grandmom is really sick and I've spent a lot of time with her recently. She's in the hospital, and has been for a while.

Last night I just sat by her bed for several hours, holding her hand, stroking her hand, as she was clearly in a lot of pain. Today I was with her again, reading Psalms for quite a while, then just sitting and chatting.

Situations like this remind me again of the preciousness of life, how brief it is, and how much of a privilege it is to be able to share God's love with those around me--especially with those whom I know I'll spend eternity with.

What a sad thing to see such pain, but what a joy to know that someday we'll be together in glory, and to be assured that God works all things together for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment